Try These Tips Before a Washer Repair Work
How to Repair Your Washing Machine
We have here a list of the most common symptoms that affect washing machines, to identify which of them apply to your case. So, in that way, you will know why your washing machine doesn’t drain or isn’t turning around with your clothes. If your washing machine is broken, this is the right place to know what happens, and call your physician if you can’t fix it by your own.
Common Broken Washer Symptoms
- Learn how to troubleshoot and repair a noisy washer by the type of noise it makes, from the rattle of a pump motor, to the squealing of a belt or worn tub bearings. 27% of customers Leaking
- Diagnose the reason for your leaking washer, from a worn pump and door seals, to a failed water inlet valve. 25% of customers Will not start
- Find out how to fix a washer that will not start, by checking a few key components, such as door latch switches, timers, electronic controls, and thermal fuses. 17% of customers Will not agitate
- Diagnose why your washer will not agitate, by inspecting components like the agitator cogs, coupler, drive belt and transmission. 9% of customers Timer will not advance
- Determine why your washer’s timer will not advance by troubleshooting parts, like the lid switch, timer motor, water level control and drain pump. 4% of customers Pumps but does not spin
- Learn how to repair a washer that will not spin by testing the direct drive motor coupling, the door lock and the wax motor. 3% of customers Shakes and moves
- Find out how to troubleshoot and repair a washer that shakes and moves, by inspecting shock absorbers, tub dampening straps and leveling legs. 3% of customers Will not fill with water
- Determine why your washer will not fill with water by learning how to test an inlet hose, lid switch and a water inlet valve. 2% of customers Will not stop filling with water
- If your washer won’t stop filling with water, then troubleshoot the common reasons like the water inlet valve, water level pressure switch and the air dome tube . 1% of customers Burning smell
- If there is a burning smell coming from your washer, troubleshoot the common problems and learn which parts can cause the odor, from drive belts to motor pulleys. 1% of customers Lid or door will not open
- If your washer has a door or a lid that won’t open, check for broken parts like the lid hinge or pin. 1% of customers No hot or cold water
- Find out how to repair a washer that won’t fill with hot or cold water by troubleshooting the common problem parts like a temperature control switch or inlet hose. 1% of customers Fills and drains at the same time
- Learn how to fix a washer that is filling and draining at the same time, by inspecting the common parts that cause issues, like the water level and pressure switches.
The fastest way to speak to someone about your appliance is to call us at (954) 675-4995 and speak directly with the technician who will be servicing your appliance problems. No annoying answering services or calls routed through different parts of the country, just your local service company!